Quality Control Shift Production Supervisor
Jan 7, 2019
A New Year, a new start with a fantastic opportunity to work for an award-winning manufacturer of window, doors, solid roof, aluminium and conservatory products.
Conservatory Outlet is an industry renowned manufacturer of high quality windows, doors and conservatory products supplying to a retail network of 28 installation companies that operate across the UK.
Following unprecedented growth, we are recruiting an experienced Quality Control Shift Production Supervisor to support the manufacturing of a quality product to our retail network.
If you are looking for a role where you can support the manufacturing of a quality product, then you could be perfect for our Quality Control Shift Production Supervisor position. You will be responsible for the day to day manufacturing of products and maintaining workflow. You will be focussed on producing a quality product and meeting deadlines, with a strong desire to achieve customer satisfaction. You will be highly motivated, with a “can-do” approach, enthusiastic and committed. You will know what it takes to achieve targets – and you’ll have the motivation to get results.
Hours of work are Monday to Friday working a rotating shift pattern of 6am – 2pm / 2pm – 10pm.
Role Responsibilities but not limited to:
• To be responsible for monitoring personnel, resources and quality control ensuring products are produced to a high-quality standard and in line with customer delivery dates;
• To be responsible for identifying and implementing cost efficiencies and developing cooperation within and between departments to achieve regular incremental improvements to the manufacturing process;
• To be responsible for supervising, coaching and mentoring a team with the ability to motivate and drive the team, enforcing company standard operating practices, in process checks and ensure adherence to company policies and procedures;
• To oversee and monitor the inspection of manufactured products ensuring compliance to customer specifications and established quality standards;
• To establish and enforce company standard operating practices, in process checks and ensure adherence to company policies and procedures;
• To ensure the companies Health & Safety policy and safe working practices are constantly and consistently observed by all personnel whilst working on shift.
• Experienced in the UPVC manufacturing industry with strong manufacturing experience and a sound working knowledge and experience of working in a high-volume manufacturing facility;
• Excellent supervisory skills with previous experience in a manufacturing environment is a must and it would be an advantage to be qualified to NVQ Level 3 in Management;
• The ability to implement new initiatives and effective processes to manage production, developing and delivering process improvements and the ability to achieve deadlines, working with a high level of integrity and autonomy;
• Excellent interpersonal skills, a strong team player who can work on own initiative with a can-do attitude with proven experience of coaching, mentoring and motivating a staff team;
• Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to identify cost efficient solutions;
• Excellent planning and organisational skills, with effective time management and the ability to prioritise tasks and produce measurable results;
• A willingness to undertake further training with the ability to implement learning into your daily work.
In return we offer a positive working environment, free parking, free refreshments, health cash plan and pension scheme.
Please send your CV and covering letter detailing your salary expectations and why you are a suitable candidate to firstname.lastname@example.org