Assistant Management Accountant Vacancy
Feb 26, 2019
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a highly successful forward-thinking business. Conservatory Outlet is an industry renowned manufacturer of high quality windows, doors and conservatory products supplying to a retail network of 26 installation companies that operate across the UK.
If you are proactive, process driven, well organised individual with the ability to adapt to a continuously evolving role, this role could be for you.
You will be responsible for the preparation of the monthly management account packs to include profit and loss accounts, balance sheets, cash flows, analysis, KPI’s, variance analysis and commentaries.
You must be AAT qualified and keen to develop and progress. The role involves you working across all our sites therefore you must be able to travel, possibly to Newcastle and Preston on a regular basis.
You will have a positive outlook, a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role, excellent analytical and numeral abilities with logical problem-solving skills. You will be able to work in a small, friendly team, be organised and monitor and control team activity.
We offer a competitive salary with supporting benefits package including pension, health cash plan and free parking.
Hours of work are Monday to Friday 08.30am to 5.00pm
• To be responsible for the preparation of the monthly management account packs to include profit and loss accounts, balance sheets, cash flows, analysis, KPIs, variance analysis and commentaries;
• To ensure the purchase ledger, sales ledger, credit control, payroll, cash book and nominal ledger processes and reconciliations are completed to deadlines;
• To identify system improvements across the business and to drive change as required.
• To assist with the production of the annual statutory accounts in line with UK GAAP, being the main point of liaison for the auditors;
• Calculation, presentation and payment of VAT and payment of quarterly corporation tax;
• Calculation and submission of monthly CIS returns and statements;
• Processing of Monthly/Weekly Payroll;
• To provide support to the Finance Manager on ad-hoc projects
• To assist with the integration and streamlining of the finance department where possible, and to maintain regular communication with other sites including site visits when required;
• To develop and manage financial systems and make improvements;
• To assist in the control of income and expenditure and ensure spending is in line with budgets and set and agree departmental budgets;
• To produce detailed monthly management account packs, including variance analysis and relevant commentary;
• To recommend ways of cutting costs and improving business performance;
• To work with all departments and provide a support service to the management team to help make financial decisions;
• To interpret and communicate financial data to non-financial managers;
• To monitor and assist with corporate governance procedures, risk management and internal controls;
• To liaise with suppliers and customers and be the main point for escalation of queries;
• To provide hands on support to the PL and SL functions when needed;
• To provide holiday cover for the PL, SL and PR function when required;
• To produce accurate and timely management accounts and financial information;
• Any other reasonable duty that may be assigned;
• To comply with Conservatory Outlet Quality Policy and objectives in every aspect of own work.
• AAT Qualified Accountant with minimum 3 years’ experience;
• Excellent analytical and numerical abilities with logical problem-solving skills;
• Ability to manage, delegate, motivate, monitor and control team activity;
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels with both financial and non-financial management;
• Experience of the manufacturing industry with sound working knowledge and experience of working in a fast-moving manufacturing facility;
• Ideally has excellent knowledge of all the finance functions including sales ledger, purchase ledger and payroll.
• Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to follow processes and produce measurable results;
• The ability to demonstrate effective time management and prioritise tasks;
• The ability to ensure processes are adhered to and results are delivered and measured in a timely and effective manner;
• Strong IT Skills with sound working knowledge of the Sage Line 50 system (Account/Payroll) and strong Excel skills.
• A strong team player with a can-do attitude and a proactive approach to work;
• A highly motivated individual with the ability to get the job done in the required timescale;
• A professional and approachable manner;
• A proactive approach to work with the ability to prioritise and manage own workload;
• A willingness to undertake further training with the ability to implement learning into your daily work.
Please send your CV and covering letter detailing your salary expectations and why you are a suitable candidate to email@example.com